After spending your hard-earned money on furniture for your home, you also need to spend time ensuring its quality and value long after its newness wears off. Follow these top tips for furniture maintenance to ensure your upholstered chairs and sofas remain in excellent furniture.
- Keep leather furniture away from heat sources, which will eventually dry the leather out.
- Place furniture out of direct sunlight, which causes leather to fade.
- Vacuum leather regularly to remove dust.
- Blot any spills immediately with a dry cloth, and let air-dry.
- Regularly use the recommended cleaners or creams to improve leather’s resistance to staining and to keep it soft and supple.
- If you have kids or pets, set boundaries and rules about treating the furniture with respect. This doubles up as a good parenting lesson as well as an easy way to keep your decor in good condition!
How do you keep your special, household items in good condition? Share your tips for furniture maintenance with us!
You need more information?
Please feel free to give us a call or come and visit our showroom in Kloof Street, Cape Town.
Klooftique: 87 Kloof Street, Cape Town
Tel: +27 21 424 9458
Follow us on Instagram at @klooftique for design inspo!