Why Leather Furniture Is The Best Kind Of Investment
Why Leather helps to create heirloom (investment) furniture
- Leather is four times more durable than fabric, so don’t worry about having pets and children around it. Just like a leather jacket or shoes, good leather furniture gets better with age.
- Aniline leather is dyed in a drum, which allows the dye to completely soak through for a rich, deep color. No protective coating is added, and it’s the softest and most expensive leather.
- Semi-aniline (protected aniline) leather is also dyed in a drum and has a small amount of coating applied, giving it slightly better protection against stains and fading than aniline leather.
- For pigmented leather, color is applied to the surface, not dyed through and through. And while the color isn’t as rich, it’s finished to provide greater protection against scratches, stains and fading. These leathers are less expensive and usually aren’t as soft as dyed leathers.
- Unlike upholstery, the color of your leather piece doesn’t make a difference when it comes to regular maintenance. Just use a damp cloth to remove dust.
- Look for leather upholstery with zippered seat cushions. While the leather can last decades, the seat cushion may not and you’ll want easy access to get it refilled.
- Leather takes on the temperature of your body within 12 seconds, so the notion that leather is cold is a myth.
- When considering price, remember that a leather sofa that is looked after, will last more than a lifetime.
You need more information?
Please feel free to give us a call or come and visit our showroom in Kloof Street, Cape Town.
Klooftique: 87 Kloof Street, Cape Town
Tel: +27 21 424 9458